Do you suddenly need medical care while on holiday? The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) entitles you to necessary medical care abroad.
The EHIC international care pass shows doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and other care providers that their bill will be paid by CZ. You normally don't have to pay in advance.
- Free to everyone insured with CZ.
- Valid in all countries of the European Union plus Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Australia.
- Valid for five years.
The EHIC is for anyone insured with CZ who is often abroad.
Are you in France, for instance, and you need care? CZ will reimburse the care according to the French rules.
The bill will be sent to CZ. If a personal contribution applies for the care in the relevant country, it will not be reimbursed through the EHIC, but has to be paid by you.
Do you want to use the EHIC? Bear in mind the following conditions:
- The EHIC is strictly personal. You cannot lend the pass to someone else. In some countries you have to identify yourself to use the EHIC.
- The EHIC is intended for medically necessary care during a temporary stay abroad. You cannot use the pass if you live abroad permanently, or if you went abroad for the purpose of obtaining care.
- You can only use the EHIC while you are insured with CZ. If your health insurance in the Netherlands is suspended or cancelled, you can no longer use the EHIC. If the pass is used in these circumstances, CZ is entitled to recover its costs from the pass holder.