When choosing to go to a non-contracted healthcare provider, please bear the following in mind:
- your reimbursement will generally be lower, depending on what policy you have taken out with us.
- there will be no agreements in place on the quality of care.
- you will have to pay the bill up front and then submit a claim to us for reimbursement.
- from 1 January 2019, non-contracted healthcare providers can no longer submit bills to CZ directly on your behalf under a deed of assignment and they are no longer allowed to receive payments from CZ directly either. We can only still offer this option in the case of addiction care.
- for some healthcare, you will need our prior permission. This is what we refer to as our approval.
- healthcare providers who have signed a payment agreement with us can submit bills to CZ directly.
Reimbursement for non-contracted physiotherapists or exercise therapists
If you have additional insurance and it covers physiotherapy and/or exercise therapy, sessions with a non-contracted therapist will be reimbursed at 75% of the bill up to a maximum of 75% of the rate that we have agreed with contracted therapists.
Finding out which healthcare providers and suppliers are contracted
To check whether your healthcare provider or supplier is contracted to CZ, or to find a contracted healthcare provider, use our ‘Zorgvinder’ search feature (in Dutch).