What is the deductible?
For healthcare covered under the general insurance policy, like hospital care, medicine and blood tests, you pay some of the costs yourself. This is called the deductible.
- the compulsory deductible applies to everyone aged 18 and over
- you pay the deductible in addition to your premium
- the deductible applies to one calendar year (1 January to 31 December)
- you must first use the €385 deductible before we start reimbursing the costs
Healthcare that is exempt from the deductible
You do not have to pay a deductible for things like GP visits, obstetric care and healthcare covered under the additional insurance package.
What is a voluntary deductible?
Besides the €385 compulsory deductible, you can opt to add a voluntary deductible and save on your premium. The higher the deductible you choose, the lower your premium will be. You can opt for a deductible of up to €885. Do bear in mind, however, that you will be required to pay more of the healthcare costs you incur out of your own pocket. If you want to change your voluntary deductible, please let us know on ‘Mijn CZ’ before 1 January.
How much you can add to your deductible as a voluntary deductible depends on the kind of general insurance policy you have chosen.
- With the ‘Zorg-op-maatpolis’, ‘Zorgkeuzepolis’ or ‘CZdirectpolis’ policies, you can add a voluntary deductible of €100, €200, €300, €400 or €500.
- If you have the ‘Zorgbewustpolis’, you can only choose a voluntary deductible of €500.
Discount on your premium
|Amount of deductible||Premium discount per year: CZ
||Premium discount per year: CZdirect
Do I have to pay the deductible all at once?
You can opt to pay the compulsory deductible in instalments so that you don’t have to pay the entire €385 in one go. Your deductible will then be split up into 10 monthly payments of €38.50. If you do not ‘use up’ all of your deductible, we will reimburse you for the excess amount you paid. If you want to pay the deductible in instalments in 2022, please notify us before 1 February 2022.