Discover the ‘Zorgvariatiepolis’’ policy
- Our general insurance policy with the most freedom of choice
- 100% reimbursement for all healthcare providers, with or without a contract, except district nursing and mental healthcare providers. The reimbursement for these providers is a maximum of 85% of the rate charged by contracted healthcare providers.
- Choice of 6 deductibles, from €385 to €885
- You decide how to arrange your healthcare matters: digitally or by post
What’s covered under the general insurance
Every year, the government decides what reimbursements are covered by the general insurance policy, so those are the same everywhere, with us and all other health insurers. To give a few examples:
‘Zorgvariatiepolis’: the most freedom of choice
The biggest difference between the general insurance policies is your reimbursement for healthcare providers without a contract. In the case of the ‘Zorgvariatiepolis’, that's a maximum of 100%, up to the market rate applicable in the Netherlands. The only exceptions are district nursing and mental healthcare: the reimbursement here is up to 85% of the rate for healthcare providers with a contract. There are still additional advantages when you visit a contracted healthcare provider though.
Reimbursement of contracted healthcare
- Choose from among 45,000 healthcare providers
- The best healthcare and the shortest waiting period
- No need to pay up front: we pay the healthcare provider
Reimbursement for non-contracted healthcare
With the exception of district nursing and mental healthcare: we reimburse a maximum of 85% of the rate charged by contracted healthcare providers.
- No agreements on quality and availability
- Pay the bill yourself and claim the costs back from us
- Market rate: you do not receive more than the market rate that applies in the Netherlands for a particular treatment
Choose between 6 deductibles
The selection of higher deductibles also differs per general insurance policy. You have 6 choices with the ‘Zorgvariatiepolis’ policy: besides the compulsory deductible of €385, you can opt for a voluntary deductible of €485, €585, €685, €785 or €885. You will get a discount on your premium when you opt for a higher deductible. Do keep in mind, however, that you will need to pay the first €385 to €885 in healthcare costs yourself should you need care.
3 reasons to opt for CZ’s ‘Zorgvariatiepolis’ policy
The greatest freedom of choice
For most healthcare providers, you will be reimbursed 100%, regardless of whether they have a contract. The only exceptions are district nursing and mental healthcare.
Healthcare is always close by
You can go to any hospital in the Netherlands
You select your deductible
Choose between 6 deductibles, from €385 to €885.
Frequently asked questions about the general insurance
Take out your health insurance now
Compare our general insurance policies, make your choice and take out your insurance on the spot. It’s as easy as that!Calculate your premium in just two minutes
- Convenient cancellation service
- 14-day cooling-off period
- Free of charge for children under 18
Additional insurance packages
Get cover for other healthcare too, like urgent care abroad, physiotherapy, glasses and contact lenses, or alternative healthcare, from as little as €2.15 per month.
Dental insurance packages
Need cavities filled, a crown, dental cleaning or braces? Dental costs are often high. For as little as €25.30 per month, you have dental care cover too.
Other general insurance policies
If you’d prefer a higher reimbursement when you visit healthcare providers who do not have a contract with CZ, or would like to choose from 5 voluntary deductibles.