Health insurance with cover for visitors from abroad
In partnership with CZ, OOM Specialised Insurance offers two types of cover for visitors from abroad:
- ‘OOM Schengen Visitor Insurance’
- ‘OOM Provisional Residence in the Netherlands Insurance’
‘OOM Schengen Visitor Insurance’
If you are planning a brief visit to the Netherlands, to visit family for example, or for a holiday, ‘Schengen Visitor Insurance’ provides cover for unforeseen medical costs.
- reimbursement for unforeseen medical costs
- valid for up to 6 months
- complies with Schengen visa requirements
- no cover for costs of care/treatment for complaints that predate the insurance
‘OOM Provisional Residence in the Netherlands Insurance’
If you are going to be living in the Netherlands temporarily, or you have authorisation for a temporary stay (‘MVV visa’) and are waiting for a residence permit, ‘OOM Provisional Residence in the Netherlands Insurance’ provides good cover for medical costs.
- insurance cover for up to 12 months
- subject to medical acceptance
- reimburses essential medical costs
Studying in the Netherlands
If you intend to live and work in the Netherlands as a foreign student, intern or au pair, you may have to take out a Dutch general insurance policy.