What do I have and what can I do (have done) about it? CZ has listed the most important questions for your benefit. This enables you to be well-prepared to meet your doctor. Do you need advice? In that case, please call CZ Zorgteam.
Before the meetingAsk yourself the following questions:
- What are my health problems?
- When did my health problems start?
- What aggravates/diminishes the health problems?
- Do I already have an idea of what is going on? If so, why I am thinking specifically about that?
- What I expect from my doctor?
Write the answers down and bring them along to the meeting with your doctor.
During the meetingYou can ask your doctor the following questions:
- What do I have?
- What has caused this?
- Does this require a treatment or surgery? If not, why not?
- Why is this the best treatment or surgery for me?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the proposed treatment or surgery?
- What exactly happens during the treatment or surgery?
- What results do you expect from the proposed treatment or surgery?
- What are the consequences if I do not undergo the treatment or surgery?
- Are there other treatment alternatives?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of this other treatment or surgery?
- How much experience do you have with this treatment or surgery?
- Bring along your questionnaire.
- Take someone with you to the meeting.
- Feel free to ask your doctor whether you may record the meeting.
- More about advice.